SPECIFIC CRITERIA AND AVAILABLE SERVICES
In addition to the general registration criteria, the person who is referred can receive services from the program if they fulfil the following specific criteria:
1. Requires professional expertise for using a motor vehicle (automobile, professional class driver's license and motorcycle):
- Driving ability evaluation
- Vehicle adaptation for drivers
- Driving preparation (ex. new drivers), practice and desensitization
2. Requires professional expertise for evaluating vehicle adaptation needs for drivers or passengers
3. Holds medical certificates related to their condition and if applicable a valid driver's license.
As well as serving the CLRC territory, the program offers ultraspecialized services in other regions of Quebec for complex vehicle adaptation. Call us for more information!
Referrals must be sent to the administrative office of the Driving Evaluation and Vehicle Adaptation Program by mail or by fax with the following documents:
- Registration form
- In the case of a driver, the medical registration form completed by a physician (M28 or M14) and a visual report completed by an optometrist
- For passengers, a medical attestation
- If available, any other document such as a laboraty analysis, file summary, x-ray
The person making the referral and the client will be advised in writing on the decision for admissibility to the program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
- telephone : 514-487-1891 ext. 328 or toll free 1 866 487-1891