The person you are referring can receive:
1. A technical aid funded by a government organization (RAMQ, SAAQ, CSST, etc.) if:
- they provide a prescription confirming their diagnosis
- is eligible according to the criteria of the paying agency
2. A technical aid not funded by a government organization if:
- they provide a medical attestation of their diagnosis
The prescription or medical attestation is not required for purchasing a technical aid from the Technical Aids Service boutique.
The following services are provided at the Constance-Lethbridge Rehabilitation Centre's main facility, at our Satellite Centre or in the client's living environment (home, CHSLD, etc.):
- Interdisciplinary evaluation of needs
- Design, manufacture, adjustment, maintenance and repair
- Technical, functional and clinical follow-up
- Sale of technical aids for daily activities
- Research and development
The Technical Aids Services offers a variety of services. Some technical aids are subject to regulation by the Régie de l'assurance-maladie du Québec.
Technical aids for daily activities:
- Orthopedic shoes and inserts
- Other equipment
FINANCING TECHNICAL AIDS
The cost of therapeutic aids is primarily covered by the following organizations:
If a client is not admissible for funding from the organizations listed above, partial or total costs may be paid by other organizations such as insurance companies, Travail Québec, Veterans Affairs Canada, and various charitable organizations.
The Technical Aids Service services the Montreal socio-sanitary territory. Call us for more information!
Referrals must be sent to the Technical Aids Service by mail or by fax as follows:
- You must obtain a referral before coming to the Technical Aid Service from a medical specialist (orthopedist, physiatrist, neurologist, neurosurgeon, sheumatologist, geriatrician). The referral should specify the diagnosis and the type of technical aid required for adaily and long term use. For orthopedic shoes or inserts, a referral from a general physician is accepted.
- The person making the referral and the client will be advised in writing on the decision for admissibility to the Technical Aids Service.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Technical Aid Service at 514-487-1891 ext. 273